Thursday, October 4, 2012

Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding and Vanilla Sauce

While Jon and I were tearing apart Pinterest last night trying to find a suitable dinner recipe (see my Beer and Cheese Soup post), I came across this dessert recipe for bread pudding and knew I just had to make it. Wow, am I glad I did!


I started prepping while working on dinner, and the timing worked out nicely so that by the time we had finished with dinner, dessert was warm and ready for us. It took about an hour and fifteen minutes in total to make, but was very easy. The recipe said it would take about 40-50 minutes in the oven, which proved accurate - I kept mine in the oven for 50 minutes exactly.

Bread pudding in the oven
Next time I may try swap out the raisins in favor of craisins just for the added flavor. But other than that, there's absolutely nothing I would change about this recipe! The bread was divine and the vanilla sauce was perfect. Yum!

Vanilla sauce brewing on the stove

No comments:

Post a Comment