Monday, June 11, 2012

What's in that lunchbox?

Every night, Sunday through Thursday, I endure that torturous activity of packing my lunch for the next day of work. It is such a chore, and so irritating to do, but if I don't do it right, I can be very cranky at work the next day! This post is a peek into what I have in store for lunch tomorrow...


From left to right -

  • Greek Gods Honey Yogurt with fresh raspberries, fresh blueberries, and Bakery on Main Triple Berry Fiber Power Granola. Adding the fresh fruit gives a plain, vanilla, or honey flavored yogurt extra pizzazz, and the granola changes the texture just enough to make lunch at work a bit more exciting.
  • Harris Teeter brand Carmelized Onion Hummus and thin pretzels. I almost always include this combination in my lunchbox. I switch up the hummus flavors just about weekly (sometimes it depends on what's in stock, what's on sale, or just plain what I'm in the mood for).
  • Gala apple. They say one a day keeps the doctor away, so it must be true... right?
  • Clif Kid Zbar: S'mores. I am absolutely obsessed with these. They're smaller than regular Clif Bars, but still pack a great amount of taste in a small package. The S'mores flavor is just the right amounts of sweetness, chocolate-ness, and delicious-ness. This is another one of my daily lunch menu items, and I like to have it last for an extra burst of energy before I head back to the grind for a few hours.
  • Lemonade and seltzer in a 9 oz Lifefactory glass water bottle. So what if this size Lifefactory bottle was designed with toddlers in mind? I think this is the greatest lunch accessory ever... and it helps me save a ton in juice bottles, seltzer cans, and whatever else I was sticking in my lunchbox before this amazing purchase a couple months ago. My roommate Ashley introduced Lifefactory glass water bottles to Julianne (our other roommate) and I last year when we were still living the great college life. Needless to say, I thought the idea was 100% crazy at first. I mean, I drop practically everything that I hold, I trip over things that normal functioning people manage to avoid effortlessly, and I find more mystery bruises on myself from bumping into who knows what than I care to admit. So clearly glass water bottles are not at all appropriate for someone of my level of klutziness, right? Wrong. The silicone sleeve on this bad boy has protected this water bottle (and my reliable, adult-sized 22 oz water bottle) from all my clumsy endeavors. Brick, marble, wood, tile, and concrete have yet to take a toll on either of my water bottles, so it's safe to say that they will continue to join me at work for some time to come. No BPA here!
Here's to hoping all of you have some great lunches in store for the rest of the work week! Only 4 days left until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment